CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Moving Day!

This post is mostly for me so I can remember the thoughts and feelings I had I as packed up my family and headed across the country to start this next chapter of our lives.

It is moving day! I can't believe how fast the last month has gone by. We have said way too many sad good byes to friends and family over the last couple of weeks. Had too many farewell lunches and treat nights leading to my thickening waistline, (but boy were they good)!

I think I am finally ready/prepared to leave or at least ready get settled into a normal routine. I am ready to no longer be living out of a suitcase and to have my own bed.

As we drive away I have many mixed feelings. I have shed many tears in the last few weeks as I have wrapped up this chapter of my life. I am a bit anxious for all the new things we will be experiencing. I am excited to have a new house, no snow and to change things up a bit. I feel bad for tearing my kids away from their friends. I know they will make new friends but I still feel bad uprooting them mid-year and so quickly.

Some of the things I worry about are:
Will their bey kids their age in the neighborhood?
Will the kids be the kind of kids I want them to hang out with?
Will they make friends easily?
Will they be accepted?
Leaving my parents. Can they really take care of themselves? Who will help them will all the things that Gary and I have always done?

Things I look forward to:
New house
Nice weather year round
Sea World (Annual pass-all the way)
New experiences
Decorating a new house
Making new memories
Living outside of Utah. Utah is a unique state with it's high population of LDS. It will be nice to experience a place with more religious diversity.
Diversity
Coming back to visit during the summers.
Walking to school.
Living 5 minutes from Target.
Living farther from Walmart.

Things that make me sad:
Leaving so our friends and family.
Making my kids move mid-year.
My kids having to leave their friends.
Only being able to drive on 4th south a few times after enduring 11 months of construction.
No more Albies/Smith sales. (albies are hard to find here, though they do exist).
Pinching your Pennies laying out all the sales for me. (PYP doesn't have a strong presence in TX).

Things I'll miss:
Not have a Real Deals store.
Not having a Shade Clothing and Down East stores near by.
Friends
Family
My first house. There were some many wonderful memories made in that house.
The Fall. I LOVE the changing of leaves in the canyon.
Cheap school pictures (that actually look good-Thanks Jamie)
Quilted Bear
Hickory Kist
Brick Oven
Hogi Yogi
Zumba (with the best instructor around! Desree you rock!)
Art City Music Academy
Watching Conference on TV and not via internet.
Walking to church
BYU Women's Conference.
BYU light ranch dressing
BYU mint brownies

Things I am NOT looking forward to:
Finding new doctors and dentists.
Getting new Drivers license and car tags.
Finding a new mechanic.
Finding a new hair stylist.
Driving for 3 days.
unpacking and organizing the new house. (okay maybe I do look forward to the organizing part but definitely not the unpacking).
Finding a new piano teacher.
Being the "new" kid. We'd lived so long in Springville we were one of the old timers in our ward and neighborhood. It will be quite the change.

0 comments: