CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Spanish rolls

I got this recipe from a college roommate (thanks Beth). This is one we ate a lot in college because it was a fast, easy, cheap and make great left overs. This isn't a crockpot meal but it is very easy and can be prepared ahead of time, so I am going to post it anyway. I almost always prepare the filling the day before I want to eat it.


Spanish Rolls
8 green onions, cut finely
1/8 C. Olive Oil
1 lb. grated cheese (I like mix like, colby jack or 1/2 sharp and 1/2 mild)
1 can tomato sauce
4 boiled eggs, diced0
1 can (4oz) green chilies
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
12 HARD french rolls


Mix everything together. Cut off the ends of the rolls and hallow out. Place mixture into rolls. Replace the ends and wrap in plastic wrap and microwave to heat. You can also wrap in tin foil and heat in oven at 350* for 20 minutes.

I usually prefer a smaller roll but this is all Walmart had when I went. When hallowing out the roll leave enough so that the outside won't become soggy and leak. This made 9 LARGE rolls.

0 comments: