CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Selling my parents house

Warning! This post is long, if you already know the story move to the next post. :0 This is more for the sake of journaling and updating family.

We have convinced my dad that he needs to sell the house. He had a hard time with the stairs before his fall. I called their realtor the day of the fall to get the ball rolling. We waited to discuss selling the house with him until he was settled in the rehabilitation center. This way he had time to get used to things before we sprung it on him.


We are looking for places in the same area with main floor living so he never has to go down/up stairs. The process of selling the house and looking for a new one has put a lot of pressure on Gary and I. My mom fell the week before my dad and injured her back and has developed a few other heath problems along the way. She can't stand for longer than five minutes and can't lift anything.

Gary and I have been in charge of de-junking the house and selling unneeded items. If you have ever seem my dad's office or garage you know what a chore this is. I have two words to describe my dad "pack rat"! I am so glad I wasn't there for the Spokane move. The one good thing about my dad not being at the house is that it is easier to sell and get rid of some of his stuff without hurting his feelings. We had a garage sell last week and were able to sell some of his larger tools. We wouldn't have been able to do this without the help help great neighbors. All three of my parents neighbors helped set up and take down at the garage sale. This was no small task. Not only does my dad have garage full of tools but a shed too. A BIG thank you goes to them.We still have a lot more to sell but we made progress.



Sonnet, my niece and her husband Cameron have been a HUGE help. They have come down from South Jordon, once a week to visit my dad. The drive is over an hour so this takes a bit of time for them. They have also made time to come down and help pack and move stuff to storage. We couldn't get as much done without their help. Thank you Sonnet and Cameron. We are so glad you are in Utah, not just for help either, your a hoot to hang around.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

There are TONS of CHEAP one story homes here in AZ! You can't keep them to yourself forever!! ;o) Only kidding. I hope things work out they end up being able to sell their home. I don't know, maybe we'll take it...if Anthon can find a good IT job.