CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 21, 2008

I'm seeing spots!

I have been having a lot of fun creating new vinyl for the girls room. I didn't feel like repainting their room so it is still navy from when the boys "lived" there. To girlie it up I added shades of pink and lime green. Here are some things I've done.
This idea came from a client who ordered this for her daughter. I love how this turned out. Thanks Stephanie for the idea.

I love the dots, they made the room a lot of fun. I still might thin the dots out a bit. I am might have gone a tad over board with them. Now I only have one more wall to do something with and I am out of ideas. It is the wall above both of their beds. I probably should have done the dots on that wall -- hind sight is 20/20. I might still change it, since I know a GREAT vinyl lady who cuts me a deal! :)
I thought it would be fun to put girlie labels on their coat hooks in their room. Now they can hang their dress ups.


This is a fun way to hang hair bows. I purchased a wooden letter for each of the girls name, attached ribbon to it and then printed the rest of their names in vinyl. You can't tell by this picture but the wooden letters have dots that match the rest of the room.

I printed images to represent the girls toys to label each box. This has really helped Alyssa to
clean up her room by herself. She does a better job cleaning her room than the boys do. She even gets excited about it. She is sooooo my daughter!

The other wall.
My sister Nancy made the crown and the flowers on her sewing machine. Someday I will have an embroidery machine so I can do crafty fun stuff too.

This next one isn't the girls room, it's the living room but I really liked the way it turned out.


Sorry it's a little blurry but you get the idea.

It fun to have the time to do vinyl for my own house!


2 comments:

Jordan Merrell said...

The girls room looks so cute! I love the dots. That is such a great idea!!!!

kittymeow22 said...

That's funny that you did polka dots. I did Jordyn's room in polka dots like a month ago. The room turned out cute!