CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween Party

Last night our ward had a Hallowen party, so we all dressed up. This was the first year that I went ALL out and made a costume for everyone. I will post better pictures of our costumes later but here are some from the party for now.

Gary and parrot Sadie. On Halloween she will actually wear her bird legs but it was too hot to wear them for the party.
Sadie, Alyssa and me waiting at the fishing pond.

Gavan fishing, Jack watching.
Alyssa showing us her "face painting" on her hands. Stars, pink of course.
Jack getting his face paint, he kept the pirate theme and got a scare and a skull.
Jack and Alyssa doing the cake walk.

It is nice to be done with the costumes. It was a LOT of work but I think they turned out pretty good. I am a perfectionist when it comes to sewing. I have a hard time remember that these are JUST costumes and not prom dresses and they don't need to be perfect. I don't know if I will ever tackle this kind of project again...only time will tell.

Now lets see if I have it in me to sew our Christmas jammies too.

4 comments:

Jordan Merrell said...

You are amazing!!!! You guys looked great and I can't believe you made them all. You are a talented woman!

Nicole D said...

Thanks Jordan. The one thing I get excited to sew is costumes. I have done it every year since Gavan was a baby. But usually, a few of the kids have hand me downs from the previous years. This is the first time I made 6 in one year.

wendy said...

Awesome costumes Nicole!

Jamie Derfler said...

I love the pirate theme that you went with, expecially with Sadie as a parot. They all looked so cute.