CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 27, 2008

Candy Corn

I don't know what has gotten into me lately but I have become quite the crafty goddess. Tonight I made candy corn sugar cookies. They turned out pretty good for a first attempt at making them.

Here is how to do it. First make your favorite sugar cookies recipe. Then divide the dough in half and color it yellow. Take the other half and divide it into 2/3 and 1/3 and color the 2/3 orange.

Take 1/2 of each color and make them into logs about 7" in length. Place the yellow down first and flatten it, then place the orange on top of the yellow and flatten it. Finish with the white on top and flatten it. It will look something like this.

Next tapper the side up to form a pyramid/triangle like this.
Wrap in saran wrap and chill for about 4 hours. Use a knife or dental floss to cut into 1/2" thick pieces and bake.

Next time I will make the orange darker, it turned a little pink after it cooked. I will also let them chill longer so they cut smoother.

I think this is going to be a new Halloween tradition. It was so easy.

0 comments: