CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Kitchen contruction

When we bought this house Gary promised me with our tax return I could up grade the kitchen. The one thing I really wanted in a new house was a nice kitchen. We learned from our last house that any improvements we want to do should be done soon so we can enjoy them not the next owners.

Before:

After:



During:
We lived like this for 15 days. The only counter top we had was the island. We had no water, sink or dishwasher during this time. It was quite a challenge but I would do it again for the finished product. Good thing I planned ahead for this. I made 2 weeks worth of casseroles and froze them in disposable pans so I could just thaw and heat them. We lived off of paper plates and plastic utensils.

Finally got our granite counter tops but it took another 4 days to get the water hooked up so we could use our sink and dishwasher.

I LOVE my new sink. I love how deep it is, I sometimes even forget there are dishes in the sink because I can't see them.
The new cabinets were getting custom doors made so they'd match the rest of the kitchen. They were suppose to be ready the same day the tile work was done. When they showed up with the new doors they had cut them too small so we had to wait another 10 days for them to make new ones and install them.

Finally while I was in Utah they finished all the lose ends and got the doors and trim stained. I love how it turned out. I did learn a valuable lesson though, when dealing with remodels take the time they tell you it will take and double it. 35 days from start to finish and we have the kitchen we dreamed up. If only it cleaned itself!

0 comments: