CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 22, 2009

First day of School

The night before school started we took the kids out for a CeLeBrAtIoN dinner. They really liked this because they all got kids meals and that is a real treat at our house. I think kids meals are a waste of money and the toys are usually annoying. :-)

I made a special Back to School breakfast for the kids.

It consisted of "special toast" and berry smoothies. They love it when I make special toast because I don't do it very often. Special toast is just a variation of cinnamon-sugar toast except you broiling and it comes out crispy. This is a childhood memory of mine. While I was making it Jack came up to me and said, "I am definitely going to past this down to my kids".

I made each of the boys a new lunch box this year.

I had fun making these Capri Sun lunch bags. I think my next capri sun project will be a large tote of some kind.

Gavan at his locker.
We have since bought him a pad lock for his locker and he thinks that is so cool! It is hard to believe that he is a fourth grader. He has grown up so fast! He is such a good helper with his sisters. We are letting him learn to babysit for short periods of time. With Gary working from home it is a great chance for Gavan to watch the kids but still have reienforcement when it's needed.
Everyone with Gavan at his locker.

Jack at his locker. This is the first year he has had a locker. He LOVES having a locker.

All the kids at Jack's locker.
Jack is so excited for his teacher this year. He loves having the same teachers as Gavan had in previous years. It makes him feel special because the teacher usually already knows his name. I can't believe he is already in second grade. He is such a kind-hearted boy. Whenever we take him to school he makes sure to give everyone hugs including the girls.

0 comments: