CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Rock City part 2

I LOVE this picture. There were many pretty places and views at Rock City.
I made the kids stand in front of the water wheel for a pictures. As you can tell they were thrilled.
The girls loved "Fairy Land". It was a cave with looking glass where you could see scary scenes of Cinderella, and other fairy tails. It was dark in the cave and only the window scenes were lit.
The old women in the shoe.
The people statues in the displays were a bit freaky looking, almost gnome-like. But it still captivated all of us. The details were great.

They also had Mother Goose-land. It had large scenes of all the mother goose nursery rhymes mixed together. I didn't get any pictures there because it was very dark. It was fun to guess which nursery rhymes were which.

This was a scene behind bars of gnomes with buried treasure. The kids love it.
This was called rainbow cave or something like that. The glass windows were tinted and made rainbow colors shine through.
One of the less frightening bridges we had to cross. They had a suspension bridge to walk across, which I REFUSED to do. I was surprised Gary did. Emily said it was quite the sight to watch him squirm and freak out as he walked across. I am sad I missed that.

I also refused to go on "Lover's Leap".
This is "Lover's Leap" from a distance. Can you see the balcony in the distance? It was just hanging over a cliff. Not my cup of tea or Gary's for that matter. I never used to be afraid of heights until I married Gary. They say when you marry someone after years you start to act like them. I guess this is how I act like him. I am now a wuss too!
The girls were trying to do see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil.
They never quite got it.
This is what Gary looks like after spending $15 on four small Dippin' Dots.
Gavan sharing with Sadie. Sadie got some of everybody's because nobody can resist her charm.

0 comments: