CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

We had an eventful Father's Day. What do you expect with four kids? I went to sacrament with my dad at the nursing home,then went to church with my family. We came home, made dinner and took it up to the nursing home to eat with my dad. Boy, do my kids liven that place up! I know all the old people love watching all the chaos that my children create, but man I am beat!

I was able to convince my mom to go with us. She has only made it up there once a week to visit with him. She has been in so much pain she is afraid to drive. I think it did them both some good to see each other.

After dinner the kids put on a piano concert for Grandma and Grandpa. We listened to music from all the kids.

Sadie and Alyssa had to share their pieces as well.
The boys have been working hard all year at piano and had many, many songs to share.


They love a captured audience.

We had a good time dancing while everyone played their songs.

Jack and Alyssa did an interpretive dance for us.
It was very inspiring.
There was lots of twirling!
Lots of hanging and jumping.

Sadie used the door knob to twirl herself. It didn't work as she had planned.


Sadie found a new toy. Why shouldn't a walker be used as a jungle gym?

Sadie decided Grandma needed help pushing the walker.

Jack thought Grandpa needed help with the wheelchair, so he "pushed" it back to the room.

Don't think I forgot Gary on Father's Day. I didn't. The kids made him cards, banners and a book of original poems. Gary and I aren't ones to make a big deal out of Father's Day and Mother's Day. We just like to be able to say "its my day" and have an excuse to not help out and be lazy.

0 comments: