CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's Dinner

The Dinner Menu:
Pot pies (a.k.a pudding with tootsie roll shaped peas, carrots and corn. Dried guavas & papayas for pork and chicken chunks and bananas for diced potatoes).

Chocolate pie with strawberry frosting (a.k.a. meatloaf with mashed potatoes frosting).

I really had the kids fooled that I was making a regular meal this year. They were very disappointed that I didn't have anything planned, little did they know.

Here is the pie prior to baking.

The finished product.

The veggies and meat prior to assembly.
The pot pie filling.

The finished pot pies.
Alyssa's face when she tasted the "frosting" and found out it was potatoes.
This is classic Alyssa!

Alyssa when the boys told her the pot pie was really candy and pudding.



Sadie didn't even know anything was wrong with dinner.
I did have to give her ketchup for her "chocolate pie" so she'd eat it, though.

The boys giving me their verdict on dinner.

I am glad this day is only once a year! Making veggies fro tootsie rolls is very time consuming.

1 comments:

Jenny said...

That is such a cute idea! I was going to try to do something this year but never got around to it.....maybe next year!