CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

15 minute challenge

I don't know if it is lazy days of summer or what, but I lack motivation these days. I don't want to do housework! I have decided to try the 15 minute challenge. Here is how it goes:

1. Pick a task/chore to do
2. Set timer for 15 minutes work on this task until time goes off.
3. Set time again, this time for 5 minutes. Use this time for yourself. Do something you want to do (email, blog, read etc.)
4. Repeat

The idea behind this is to become more focused and efficient and spend less time dinking around getting little accomplished.


So I gave this a try today and I really liked. I was able to get some things done I have successfully avoided for a long time. Knowing that I only had to spend 15 minutes doing these unwanted tasks made it easier to tackle. Some tasks I wasn't able to finish in 15 minutes but after a 5 minute breather I was ready to start again.

Give it a shot, what do you have to lose?

0 comments: