CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 20, 2008

Vegas day 1

Gary and I just got back from Las Vegas to celebrate our 10th anniversary. Well, our anniversary is actually in August but with scheduling and such now worked better. I need to give a shout out to our wonderful mother's who shared the duties of watching our 4 kids, which is no small task. Thanks Mom and Ruth!

We stayed at the Bellagio Hotel. It was a very nice hotel and I was amazed at the number of restaurants it had, 17 to be exact! We were able to check into our hotel early, which made the trip so much nicer. We were excepting to have to wait 7 hours after our arrival before being able to check in. What a pleasant surprise. I wasn't looking forward to hanging out in the hot sun all day without the option of cooling off and freshing up.Gary took this picture from the top of the Eiffel tower.
This is a chihuly blown glass that was on the ceiling in the lobby of our hotel. Gary and I really like chihuly art work. He makes some of the most amazing works of art. Someday, when I am "rich" I will own a chihuly. Check out his wikipedia info here.

The first night we ate dinner at the Paris buffet, "Le Buffet". We had read and heard so many wonderful things about this buffet and how it was one of the top 3. We went for lunch and were very disappointed. It was only only mediocre.

We also explored the strip. One of our favorite places to go is the M&M shop. They have M& M's in every color imaginable and more than one shade of each color too. Naturally we had to get the kids their own bag of their favorite color.This is only part of the wall of M&M's. I am the one in the brown shirt in the middle.



Indiana Jones M&M's were displayed at another mall. I thought theses guys were cute.

After sunset we decided to go to the Eiffel Tower observation deck. The elevator up is all glass and quite frighten. About half-way up Gary and decided maybe were weren't cut out for this adventurer after all. I am apparently now afraid of heights. It doesn't look as scary from the ground.

We then went back to the hotel & had gelato. Who knew gelato was so good. I wish I would have taken a picture of the showcase, it was so fancy and pretty.This picture doesn't do the display justice. All the other displays were much fancier and upscale than this one.

0 comments: