CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Gavan's Baptism



Today was a special day for Gavan, his baptism day. He was very excited. In fact, this morning I got out of bed and walked down the hall to find Gavan just sitting in a corner outside my door waiting for me to wake up. This was at 6:45 am. He was so excited he couldn't sleep.

The Bishopric member who is over baptisms forgot about the baptism. Fortunately, our Bishop showed up and was able to conduct. We were told the water would be warm because we were one of the first baptisms, well it was the opposite of warm, in fact it was very cold. Poor Gavan. Funny thing is I had been telling him how at my baptism the heater was broken and I too had cold water.

We had to be at the Stake Center at 8 am for an 8:30 service. It was a very nice, yet short service. Our stake asked that no talks be given. The program went opening song and prayer, baptism, confirmation, closing song and prayer.

We are so proud of Gavan for making this decision. He is wonderful boy and a sweet son. We love you Gavan!

1 comments:

Emily said...

So, are you guys going to do the next one out of state?