CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Settling in



Today is our first Thanksgiving in Texas. It doesn't really feel like Thanksgiving. I don't have any decorations up, they are all packed. We are still trying to unpack and find homes for our things. We have boxes both empty and full lying all over the house. The house is feeling a little bit more like our home the more we get unpacked. Once I get curtains and decorations up I think it I will really start to fee like home. But it all takes time. I REALLY want to paint, it is driving me nuts having so many white walls. I miss my red wall. I miss my butter colored master bed room. I miss my office, it was perfect with all those cabinets. I am afraid purchasing cabinets for the new office are in the near future.

I LOVE my monstrous water pressure. It makes washing dishes a breeze. I love my HUGE pantry, island, open floor plan and new fridge. I need more furniture, our front room and living room look so empty. I can't decide what decorations should go in what rooms.

It doesn't help the unpacking process with it also being time to decorate for Christmas. I love decorating for the holidays but it just isn't as enjoyable this year with the rest of the house in disarray. I have to have the house clean and orderly in order to enjoy decorating for the holidays. The extra mess drives me crazy. I also doesn't help that I've had the flu and now a nasty head cold thus slowing me down.

The girls LOVE their new room. Sadie chatters about her pink room. The boys love their closet, it is big enough for them to sleep in it and they think that is so cool. I love my walk in closet and huge master bathroom. The house is slowly but surely turning into our home. The only thing that would make things better is to transplant on our friends and family here with us.

So far so good...we are really like it here.

0 comments: