CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 31, 2009

Herbed Chicken and Tomatoes

Herb Chicken and Tomatoes

1 lb chicken, cut into bit size pieces
2 cans Italian diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
1 envelope McCormick Italian Herb Chicken seasoning
1 Package Bow tie noodles
1 Package mushrooms, thickly sliced
Shredded parmesan cheese

Put chicken in crockpot and cook on low for about 2 hours. Take out and cut into bit size pieces. Combine chicken, tomatoes and soup mix and sliced mushroom in crockpot. Cook on low for another 3-4 hours. Serve over pasta and sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese.

This is the seasoning packet I used.

*Too save time you can cut the chicken before putting it in the crockpot. I personally hate cutting raw chicken so I wait until it is mostly cooked before I cut it.

**I sometimes use stewed tomatoes instead of diced because that is what I have on hand. When using stewed tomatoes pulse in blend a few times to break up the chunks.

Rating: 3.5 stars. It is very easy and fast to throw together. It tasted good and is healthy. Everybody loved it! I will definitely make this again.
Modifications: none that I can think of.

After looking at the picture I realize it is time to get new dishes. These white dishes are boring! Dinner would be tons for fun if the plates had a little character. They have served us well for 11 years I think it is time for them to get replaced, (hint hint Gary).

0 comments: