CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 3, 2009

Lamberts Cafe

On our way to the beach we stopped at Lambert's Cafe in Foley, Alabama. They are known for "throwing rolls". They walk around yelling "fresh rolls" and if you want one you yell back and catch one. It was a fun atmosphere but the food wasn't all that special. The portions were HUGE and it was priced well. Don't get me wrong the food was good, but I would have preferred a nice seafood dinner instead of something fried. I am not big on fried food, however the okra was really good. My mom use to make me eat okra when I was a kid. I have many awful memories of fried okra. However, this time I actually enjoyed it. :)

This is how Sadie was while we waited to be seated. It was the longest 30 minutes of my life. The humidity and heat were awful! We waited outside for our number to be called. Once we got inside she was happy again. I think she just couldn't take being so uncomfortable in the humidity.

nAlyssa wasn't very happy while we waited either.
They had a wooden train that the kids could play in while they waited. Gavan just sat in the train b/c it was the only partialy shady place left.

The boys eating rolls they just caught.
Aren't the pig tails cute?
Me and Alyssa

0 comments: