CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Unexpected


This past week we got an unexpected visit from my brother-in-law Herbert. We don't get to see him much since he lives in TX. Herbert was able to stay almost a week before taking off this afternoon. While he was here my nephew Nathan, who is an MP stationed at Hill Air Force Base came and visited also. I haven't since Nathan in over 10 years. It was a nice week seeing them both.

My girls aren't very fond of strangers. Alyssa is really shy around new people. Sadie warms up more quickly than Alyssa. By the time Herbert left Sadie and him were good friends. After Herbert left, Jack kept calling Herbert "Uncle Herb" and Alyssa insisted on correcting him by saying, "No Erbut" I bet that would have made him proud to be called "Uncle Urbut". What can I say, she tried.

While they were here they decided to try their hands and some construction repair. You see my Dad decided a few years ago when they had their basement finished that he should install a drawer underneath the bathtub because it was wasted space. The hole opens up on the office side of the bathroom. Needless to say the hole has been there for several years and still no drawer. It is kinda humorous is you see the location of the hole because it is the opposite exact opposite of effective use of space. You see who needs one single drawer at toe level. The I wish I would have taken a before picture. Gary and I were glad that Nathan and Herbert took on this task, one less task we have to tackles. Thanks guys! Drive safe Herbert, we'll miss you.

0 comments: